- Applies to:
There are a number of localization options available within Silktide Prospect. This is particularly useful when testing businesses in different locations, especially when you need to check for local presence and other related metrics.
- Setting the default language
- Restrict Silktide Prospect to certain languages
- Report country
- Display currency
Setting the default language
By default, Silktide Prospect detects your language based upon your computer’s localization settings, and then sets the language accordingly. However, you can change the overall default language when logging into Silktide Prospect:
- At the log in screen, select your preferred language using the drop-down menu in the top-right hand corner of the screen
- Once selected, the page will reload using your chosen language.
The available language options are currently:
- English (UK)
- English (US)
- English (NZ)
- Deutsch (Deutschland)
- Español (Argentina)
- Español (Perú)
- Español (México)
- Español (Venezuela)
- Español (Chile)
- Español (Colombia)
- Español (España)
- Français (Belgique)
- Français (Canada)
- Hrvatski (Hrvatska)
- Italiano (Italia)
- Laviešu valoda (Latvija)
- Nederlands (België)
- Nederlands (Nederland)
- Português (Brasil)
- Românã (România)
If you are an Enterprise customer, but we do not offer Silktide Prospect in a particular language, then please contact your Digital Account Manager as we may be able to include additional languages where possible. Alternatively, you can contact support via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Restrict Silktide Prospect to certain languages
If you are an Enterprise customer, you can lock Silktide Prospect to certain languages. If you need to enable this, please contact your Digital Account Manager, or email support via email@example.com.
If you are running reports for businesses in a different country, then administrators can specify this within the settings of Silktide Prospect. Take this example of why you may need to do this:
- You are a digital agency based in Venezuela, but you are testing US businesses on a daily basis
- Silktide Prospect is set to Venezuelan Spanish, but you need to test their local presence, as well as compare them to a couple of local competitors
Changing Silktide Prospect’s overall language will not solve this, but an administrator can specify the report country to achieve this:
- As an administrator, ensure you have logged into Silktide Prospect
- Click on the profile silhouette in the top right-hand corner next to the All reports button
- Select Account admin
- Ensure you are in General settings on the left-hand menu
- Select the desired country in the drop-down menu under Report country
- Click Save
Now when you run the report, Silktide Prospect will use the report country you specified but will still display all text in your default language.
There may be times when you need to change the display currency for reports within Silktide Prospect. The process is very similar to changing the report country above, except you need to choose your preferred display currency using the 3-letter currency code. If you do not know the currency code you require, the following page can help.