- Applies to:
Content blocks allow you to inject your own text, images and links into Silktide Prospect reports. The possibilities with content blocks are endless, but here are some common reasons you might want to use them as part of your setup:
- Customize PDFs by adding a promotional call-to-action (e.g. call us now)
- Customize lead generation reports with a call-to-action or inquiry form
- Customize reports used by reps with product suggestions (e.g. when website is not mobile optimized or takes more than 6 seconds to load, recommend a new mobile website)
- Customize the reports with your own content (e.g. additional statistics specific to the country / industry you operate in)
Content blocks are only available to Enterprise partners, and you must be an administrator to configure them.
Anatomy of a content block
A content block has three key components:
- Where – the location on the report where this block should show (e.g. after the mobile section in PDF exports)
- What – what text or imagery should be shown (e.g. Contact your representative now to discuss our mobile optimized site solution)
- When – under which circumstances the block should appear (e.g. when the business does not have a mobile optimized site)
How to add a content block
- Open the “Content block” wizard
Go to Account settings → Report → Content blocks → + Add content block
- Choose where the block should display
The first part of the wizard guides you through the process of choosing where your content block should show up. For example, you may wish to add a block of content under the mobile section on the detailed view, when exported to PDF. To achieve this you would select:
Report details → Below a test → Mobile → Uncheck “All contexts” → Check “PDF”
- Choose what you want in the content block
The editor provides an easy way to write your own content to be included in the report. Here are some things to bear in mind when adding content blocks:
- Content can include properties from the report (such as the score). Just click the drop down labeled “Insert report property”.
- If you want to include images, you’ll need to host these on your own server before injecting them into the content block.
- If you are technically proficient with HTML and CSS, you can click the code edit icon to input your own mark-up.
- If you use Prospect in multiple languages, you can choose “Add alternative content for another language” which will give you another editor in which to configure the content for that language. There is no limit to the number of languages you can add content for.
- Choose when the block should display
By default, the content block will show on all reports. If you wish, you can limit the block to only appear when certain properties from the report match. This is a powerful feature which means you can tailor what is shown to the viewer based upon the outcome of the report. To add rules:
Check “Add rules so this content area only shows on certain business reports.” → Select an attribute to match upon (e.g. [Mobile] Mobile optimized) → Select a value (e.g. true)
Using the rule editor, you can build your own complex rule sets – for example:
- You can add additional rules so the block only shows when they’re all true (e.g. the website is mobile optimized AND it loads in under 5 seconds)
- You can choose whether it needs all the rules to be “truthy” for the block to show, or if the block shows when any of the rules are “truthy”
- To create more complex logic, you can group the rules (e.g. (mobile optimized AND loads in under 5 seconds) OR loads in under 2 seconds)
- Choose a name for your content block
Don’t worry, this is just to help you identify the block later. A name will be automatically generated for your content block, but you can change it if you wish.
- Confirm and save
On the final page, you can check the details of your content block before saving it. If you need to go back and change any part, just select the section from the bar at the top. It’s always a good idea to test your content block to make sure it appears where you expect.